Bircher Muesli- the delicious overnight oats with an HF twist!
Bircher muesli is the original overnight oats, and it is perfect for busy mornings, or if you want something delicious and healthy. It is a perfect summer breakfast, but can be eaten all year around.
Serves 2/3 people
- 2 cups of porridge oats
- 2 cups of Milk (or alternative milk)
- 250g greek yoghurt (for a vegan alternative coconut yoghurt)
- 1 tbsp of honey or maple syrup
- 1 green apple
- 1 nectarine (really ripe)
- Desiccated coconut
- Sunflower seeds
- Add 2 cups of oats and 2 cups of the milk of your choice and pop in the fridge overnight
- Grate the apple and nectarine
- Add in the greek yoghurt
- Portion into jars or small bowls
- In the oven toast a couple of handfuls of toasted desiccated coconut at 180c for 5 mins
- Top the bircher with chopped banana, seeds and blueberries
Viola! Very delicious, easy and instagrammable!