Raspberry and White chocolate Semi Freddo
Semifreddo is an Italian word meaning “half cold” or “half frozen.” It refers to a class of frozen desserts similar to ice cream but instead made with whipped cream by churning air into the mixture while it freezes.
This is our Exec Chefs recipe for semi freddo, it’s an impressive yet simple dessert for a hot summer evening or to accompany a dessert at a dinner party.
- 100g white chocolate
- 120g raspberries
- 250ml double cream
- 50g caster sugar
- 350ml sour cream
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- Melt the white chocolate either over a Bain Marie or in the microwave, do short bursts between 20-30 seconds making sure to stir so the chocolate melts evenly.
- Mash up 120g raspberries
- Pour the melted chocolate into 250ml double cream with the sugar and whisk
- Then stir in 350ml of sour cream, then gently fold in the mashed raspberries
- Line a small loaf tin with cling film, enough so you can fold over the top
- Then pour in the mix to the lined tin, then fold over the clingfilm and freeze
- Take out for 15-30mins before serving to make sure you can cut it
- Sprinkle over some fresh raspberries and enjoy!